The Feline Connection champions for cats who need homes. We are committed to finding each cat a safe and healthy permanent home. We work to find the best possible home matches for each of our stray or friendly ‘colony cats’ based on their unique needs, and the needs of the adopter. We have no shelter location, so all of our animals are fostered with families in Rutland County, Vermont, mostly near Rutland. This gives us the unique capability to observe and interact with each cat in a relaxed home environment.
Available for Adoption
Click on the names below to see more information about each cat.
Last updated on November 9, 2019. * NOTE: we have many additional cats that either will be ready soon or are incoming. If you are interested in a cat you see on the TFC Facebook page but don’t see it here, don’t worry! Just go ahead and fill out an application below.
***Pro-tip: If you visit this page frequently, remember to hit “Refresh” to see the latest updates.
Available for Adoption
Black Cat Club
Adopting a cat from The Feline Connection
Our conversation-based adoption process starts with submitting an application followed by a conversation, checking with your vet and landlord (if needed), then having cats visits and home visits as needed to determine the perfect match. Photos of the cat’s perspective new home are always welcome.
- Kitten under 6 months: $120
- Older Kitten or Adult over 6 months – 9 years: $80
- Senior Cat 9+ years: Donation
- Barn Cat all ages: Donation
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to place a “hold” on a cat.
Included with Adoption Fee
- Veterinary Wellness Exam
- Spay or neuter
- Testing for FIV and FeLV
- Rabies 1 Year vaccine included – if the cat is at least 16 weeks old
- FVRCP vaccine
- Parasites testing and treatment
- Mite, flea and tick treatments as needed
- Microchip administration and registration (if applicable)
- A new family member
- All adopters must be 18+ years old and have a valid government ID
- Adopter must submit a signed, completed Adoption Application
- Adopters must speak with a representative of The Feline Connection
Completing these requirements does not guarantee acceptance or that the cat you are interested in adopting is still available.
Happy Endings – Our previously adopted cats
Interested in giving a cat a loving Forever Home? Apply now by filling out an Adoption Application.